Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oops, I forgot!

This has been a common phrase you hear from me lately. This pregnancy has affected me in many ways, most of them not being very pleasant. Something that has seemed to have gone since becoming pregnant is my memory. I have forgotten birthday parties, baby showers and doctor's appointments.
My most recent lapse of memory was my most embarrassing by far. Andrew and I were asked to say the prayer in sacrament meeting last Sunday, and of course I forgot and we were late walking in so I missed hearing my name as the person giving the prayer. After the opening hymn I was busy trying to get the boys to fold their arms when I noticed someone a few rows up trying to get my attention. As soon as I saw him I immediately remembered I was supposed to be saying the prayer. We were seated in the very back of the gym (our ward is very big) so by the time I got half way there the first counselor was already up and asking someone else to say the prayer and I had to set down next to someone in the front while the prayer was said. Needless to say everyone seemed to notice and tried saying things to me in attempts to make me feel better, but it actually made me feel worse because it made me realize how many people noticed.
This incident has confirmed what Andrew has been trying to tell me for months, that I really need to get a planner. Although I would probably forget it everywhere I went anyway.

5 comments:

The Pooles said...

My short-term memory isn't the greatest either and it got even worse during pregnancy and after giving birth. A day planner has saved me more than once (that is, when I actually remember to use it).

Anonymous said...

We didn't notice...so not everyone in the ward did. I hope that makes you feel a bit better. *hugs* Don't be hard on yourself, everyone makes mistakes and everyone forgets things now and then. Your forgetfulness is a side effect of a little miracle taking place, I think that far outweighs the memory mishaps!

Carl and Amber said...

Hey...I was in the very front, and didn't see you start to come up! No worries. I didn't even realize that you were supposed to say the prayer until Andrew got up for the closing prayer. Until then, I just thought that Brooke Ritz had forgotten.

Abby said...

I hate when things like that happen! I hope you are already laughing about it!

aunt choody said...

That is so funny! I didn't notice that you came up. I'm sure that not that many people noticed.