Monday, November 10, 2008

His First Creation


Parker absolutely loves Wall-e! He gets so excited every time he sees Wall-e on TV or at a toy store. He also frequently asks me to find Wall-e clips for him online so that he can watch them. I thought that since he has such a love for all things Wall-e, I would set out to make him a Wall-e cake for his birthday.

When the time came for actually decorating the cake I knew that I was not going to have time to do everything myself so I asked Andrew if he could help me by mixing some icing. In the end he took over the project and decorated the whole thing! It was his first decorated cake and I think he did a great job!

I loved how he put "Park-e" instead of "Wall-e."

When Parker was younger he would always refer to himself as "Parky" so I thought it was quite appropriate.




Happy Birthday Parker!

We Love You!

10 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

wow, that is incredible! Good job Andrew! I am really impressed, and I love the little "park-e"! Happy birthday little guy, I remember holding him when he was so tiny and little! Oh, I miss those days when we could hang out all the time!

The Hardy's said...

Good job Andrew! All though I must admit it doesn't surprise me. When Andrew sets out to do something he usually does it well.

Happy Birthday "Paker"! Sorry we missed it.

Brian and Teresa

Abby said...

Ha ha ha. That scenario happens at our house ALL the time. I ask Ammon for some help or input and he takes over.
The cake looks awesome!!
Happy Birthday, Parker!

colleen said...

Andrew, that was a masterpiece! How did Park-E let anyone even eat it? My mom made a doll cake for a little neighbor girl once and she wouldn't even let her mom cut it for over a week.

Rena said...

I am speechless. I could never decorate a cake that well without TONS of practice. I am so jealous!

AaronsherriHatch said...

Wow What a cute cake! Parker even looks older. How nice of Andrew.

The Pooles said...

Happy Birthday Parker. It is crazy to think about how quickly times flies.

Andrew, I am so impressed with your first creation. Can I hire you to make cakes for me in the future?

Hatch Family said...

great job andrew!!!! charm city cakes better watch out!

Jackie said...

That cake is amazing! You and Amber need to give me some serious lessons!

aunt choody said...

Wow! That cake is awesome!