Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our trip to Utah

We had a great time on our last Utah trip. We had a family reunion with Andrew's family and were able to do a lot of fun things. We were also able to spend a lot of time with my family as well. My sister had her first baby, very exciting! The boys were also able to go fishing with Andrew, my dad and my grandpa on my grandpa's fishing boat. They were each able to catch a fish and had a great time doing it! My only regret was that we left our camera at my sister's house and weren't able to take any pictures of their first fishing trip. We also did a ton of swimming, although we didn't take pictures of that either.

I was going to do a slide show but I ended up not doing one (truthfully, I haven't figured out how to yet) so I know there are a lot of pictures but I hope you can enjoy them.
This is us (Andrew's family) at the Marriott center in Provo waiting for the Stadium of Fire fireworks to start. Great fireworks!
For the family reunion we did a talent show. Half way through I forgot I was taking pictures of it, so I didn't get very many pictures, but here is my favorite one. This is Andrew's brother and sister doing a skit.

Carter went out on a tube for the first time. He was so funny, the above picture is a before picture and the picture below is an after picture. He looks a little more calm in the second picture don't you think?
By the way that is Andrew's sister on the tube with him, you can't really tell but she is about 34 weeks pregnant. What a trooper! I felt silly having her take him instead of me, knowing that we are both due at the same time. But I guess it didn't bother me enough to switch places with her.


Parker also went along with us on our boat trip, but he wasn't feeling very good so he just sat on my lap with a grumpy face the whole time we were out.









This is the boys catching candy shot from a home-made rocket launcher at Andrew's mom's house. All the kids thought it was awesome.
Who wouldn't love catching candy that was falling from the sky?


And last but not least this is Carter holding his newest cousin. Amy did a great job and had the baby in record time, after only a couple hours in labor and a few pushes! Not bad for her first baby! He weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz. and is as cute as can be.


5 comments:

Abby said...

You guys really packed the fun in during your stay! I liked the pictures. Amy's baby looks really cute. How neat that you were able to be here for that.

Carl and Amber said...

I'm seriously jealous of your sister's delivery. Cute background, it almost inspires me to change mine...almost.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the photos from your vacation~ it looks like a lot of fun was had by all! We missed you guys and hopefully we can get together sometime soon and go swimming again or have a board game night @ our new place! Until then...we miss you guys!!! (Sutton has been begging to play with Carter)

Bedkes said...

Isn't it so great to see family! Sounds like you had a great trip.

The Pooles said...

Fun pictures! It looks like you guys had a fun time. I especially liked Carter's before and after face on the tube.