Monday, July 28, 2008

Horton hears an AAAAh! and Baby News


This is our fish, Horton. We have had him quite a while and the boys are surprisingly fond of him. When changing his water we typically only have to change about a third, but the other day we decided to completely change it because it was so dirty. While Andrew was pouring some of the water out into the sink, and before he could get a cup underneath, Horton decided to take a leap out of his fish bowl and strait into the garbage disposal. If it were just me I would of had to declare the poor fish dead (I have no idea how to take apart a garbage disposal.) But luckily for Horton, Andrew was the one changing the water and immediately decided he had to be rescued. So Horton spent the next 20 or so minutes in the garbage disposal while Andrew was banging on the pipes trying to get him out. He finally completely removed the gargage disposal and turned it upside down to get Horton out. To my surprise and the boys relief, Horton lived through the whole ordeal and lives to die another day. I think next time we will be a little more careful when changing Horton's water.
On a completely unrelated note, today I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound and the baby is already measuring over 7 lbs! Carter was only 5 lbs 14 oz and Parker was only 6 lbs 2 oz. I am technically only 36 weeks so I can only imagine how big he would be if I had to go another 4 or more weeks. After the ultrasound the doctor checked me and I was 2 centimeters dilated and we started to discuss my due date, which was originally the 16th and was later changed to the 23rd. Some how without even trying I talked the doctor into inducing me the 13th of August (really I wasn't trying he just volunteered) Truthfully I would much rather go into labor on my own, but having family here to watch the boys has been a big concern and something that has been stressing me out quite a bit. With a scheduled delivery we can better plan to have someone here to help out while I have the baby. So, we are probably going to be having our baby on August 13th unless I go into labor earlier or we change our minds and cancel. We will make sure to keep you posted :)

4 comments:

colleen said...

That is amazing dedication to little Horton. If I couldn't retrieve him by sticking my hand in the disposal, I am afraid he would be a goner. Way to go, Andrew.

PLease keep us updated about the baby!

Abby said...

We laughed so hard at the Horton story. and
Congrats on the inducement date! We can't wait for baby Tristan! He will be here so soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy Horton lived! Yay! And he looks so healthy now... :-)

I'm in shock the baby is measuring so big but we cannot wait to meet him!!! I was thinking you and the boys might want to come over and hang out in the A/C sometime next week since I'm sure you are miserable right about now with the heat and belly! Give me a call and let me know! The boys could go swimming if you want to come over around 6pm one weeknight! The pool is pretty warm!

Hang in there, girl! See you soon!

aunt choody said...

That is so funny.