Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Love My Dad

As I remember my Dad Verlin's Death 1 year ago today I wanted to post some thoughts and feelings pertaining to his life as I remember it. He was a good man, who often felt like he was trying his best, but always sought to improve and do more. I have had many feelings for Dad and often feel close to him, but it has been very good for me to view my other Family member's blogs expressing their thoughts and feelings. I remember him often taking time to discuss spiritual matters with me, and trying to help me understand concepts I might have had questions about. I admired his hard work, countless acts of service, thoughtful prayers and priesthood blessings, love for his family, joy in play time/time with family, and love for the beauty of the earth. Most of all I knew he loved his wife and although I often tried to remind him how lucky he was to marry such a wonderful women, he never needed to hear it because he was almost always thinking about it already. He was pleased with his childrens accomplishments and loved to help us out in times of need. I often feel in my heart that I need to live a better life and work harder to let him know that I do remember him and that I love him. I think the best way to honor someone is not only to talk of them, but to mirror their actions in our own lives. This is why I call him my hero and role model.


2 comments:

colleen said...

Your reflections are uplifting to me. Thank you. Wow, does that picture look like you as a boy of that same age!

The Pooles said...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts about dad. Isn't it great that we have the opportunity to mirror other's actions? I too feel like that is one of the best ways I can show my love for dad.