Friday, October 14, 2011

Our House


I had originally titled this blog post "Adventures in Arizona" but the whole time I was uploading the pictures I was singing the song "Our house, in the middle of our street..." So I decided to go with that. ;) As you might have guessed the above picture is a picture of.........our house.
Below are a few pictures of the inside. My favorite part of the house is the master bathroom complete with walk in closet, which means our closet isn't so full that we can't shut the door anymore. Yay! Also, after doing laundry at a community laundry room for almost our entire married lives it probably comes as no surprise that the laundry room is another favorite.






What amazed me was that we went from a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment to a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom house with a garage and the house was still relatively full. How in the world did we fit it all into that small apartment?! All I have to say is that there was no space unused. Every corner, under every bed was as full as it could be. It is so nice being in a place where we can fit all of our stuff without tripping over each other.


One small little blessing, our check engine light kept coming on in our van and we could not figure out what the problem was. To make matters worse the registration was expired, so we were basically driving it around illegally. After a ton of stress it miraculously turned off and I took it straight away to get the emissions done, and somehow it passed! Funny enough on the way home, not even two minutes after I left the emissions place, it turned back on again. So we still have to fix it, but at least we can drive our car around legally now!


About two days after we moved here Asher learned to crawl. As you can see he has wasted no time and is now into everything, the little cutie.

What great little window washers we have.


Don't get me wrong, life isn't all rainbows and sunshine now that we are in a house. It has been a bit a of an adjustment for all of us. Andrew went to work on his first day sick as a dog with some flu thing we all got just days after moving here. We still only have one car that Andrew takes to work all day, and while he is gone the boys and I are trying to get to know people and make new friends, which is hard sometimes. We are also short one bed and a dresser for Tristan (who is sleeping with Carter for the time being), a dresser for Asher and a couch for our living room. Those things will come eventually and we are learning to be grateful for what we have been given. We truly are very richly blessed!

10 comments:

Carl and Amber said...

I love it!!! I've really liked having a long driveway like that. The kids are good at riding their bikes on it without going out into the road. I'll have to ask my brothers about a cheap mattress place. We've all purchased from this outlet and had great luck!

Esther said...

I am so happy for you! A house!! Hurray! We will miss you guys but wish you the best of luck in Arizona!

Rena said...

Melissa--you live in a mansion! We really miss you guys. The other day I was taking the kids swimming and I thought, "I should see if the Hatches want to come." Then I realized you were gone. We'll come see you in December and salivate at all your space!

Kirsten Treff said...

Wow! Congratulations on the beautiful house!! What an upgrade! Hope you guys are adjusting well :)

Emily said...

Love that last picture! your house is beautiful! we miss you!

colleen said...

Lovely home. I bet you're loving all the kitchen cabinets too.

Bridget said...

Oh Melissa! It looks so wonderful! I hope you are settling in and that you like Arizona! I sure miss you guys!

Bedkes said...

I love your house. You guys really upgraded, I wish I could say the same for us!! I am sure you are going to love it there and make so many friends. I would have a hard time without a car, but your such a good sport!!

aunt choody said...

Yay for you guys! Sad for us! Ruby wanted to bring something to Parker yesterday. When I told her the sad news she said, "Oh. That's sad."

The Pooles said...

Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing.