Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes with Apple Cider Syrup

I got this recipe from the sisters cafe. There are so many great recipes on their blog, I have made multiple things from their site and have never been disappointed. I made these weeks ago and am still thinking about them, and I am sure a few of you have heard me talk about how good they were. So here's your chance to try them out for yourself!

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 c. flour
3 Tbs. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
1 c. pumpkin puree
2 eggs
2 Tbs vinegar
2 Tbs oil

In one bowl mix together the buttermilk, pumpkin, eggs, oil and vinegar. Combine dry ingredients separately and them stir into pumpkin mixture just until combined. Heat your pan or griddle (lightly butter or oil if it is not seasoned), using about 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot with apple cider syrup.


Apple Cider Syrup

3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 Tbs. corn starch
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 c. apple cider
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. butter

Mix sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg well. Add apple cider and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, use within a week or two.

3 comments:

Britt-Marie said...

yum! I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing this.

Hope said...

I tried it last Saturday, and it was so yummy! Even my kids ate them (YES, I got a little extra fiber into them!!!)

abo-bder said...






فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض