Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mmmm....Butter!


One of Tristan's favorite things to do is get in the fridge. He does it constantly!!! Shortly after him discovering his new trick I started noticing bite marks and chunks missing from almost all our butter sticks. I thought it was pretty gross that Tristan would think to bite straight butter...yuck. Later I was talking to another mom that said kids actually will crave fat when they are not getting enough because it is good for their brain development. Well, the next day I caught him red handed! The picture above is him sitting next to a half eaten stick of butter while trying with all his strength to open a sour cream container. Since then I have noticed him opening the fridge and going straight for the butter before anything else. I already give him whole milk and now he is downing butter sticks, how much fat does one kid need?!? I'll bet this means he'll be really smart.....right?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

when My kids needed to gain weight I was told to give them vienna sausages. My kids loved them.

Hope said...

I wish I could eat straight butter and not get fat. :(

AaronsherriHatch said...

Morgan still does that with butter...Crazy kids!!

Dani said...

This is Jojo! The other day I woke up from my nap (thinking Jojo was asleep too!) with butter all over my blanket, the couch, the table, books, and Jojo. Later after cleaning everything up I found a stick of butter still in the blanket! I don't know that he's eating it but he certainly likes to play with it! He was playing with two sticks of butter outside the other week...

Zach 'n' Jack said...

have you ever tried giving him avocado? my kids love it (weird, I know) but it's supposed to be really good for them because it has lots of 'healthy' fats in it. Keegan loves guacamole, but Kayden and Kyler love it just straight. Kyler actually loves avocado and mango blended together - sort of like a mango salsa/guac. maybe Tristan is a avocado lover in hiding??? :-)