Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's (a sentimental post)



By the end of every Mother's Day I feel so very grateful for fathers! I have such a sweet husband that takes the time to make sure that I have a nice relaxing day off. He let me sleep in so that he and the kids could make Mother's Day cards for me. He got the kids ready for church, cleaned the house, made dinner, got the kids ready for bed and did it all with a smile on his face. I think Mother's Day is good for him too because he realizes just how much I have to do on a normal day. ;) Thanks for everything, Andrew! I love you!
I am truly grateful for all the mother's in my life and for the good example they are to me, and I would like to say thank you to my wonderful mother for being so great! She has always been my #1 cheerleader and has supported me through thick and thin.
Andrew emailed me this article this morning and I loved reading it. It made me realize how important the role of a mother is and how quickly time passes. We only have a few short years to be home with our children, we need to take advantage of each and every second!
For you young mother's, if you have a few minutes to read this article please read it!

LDS.org - Ensign Article - Daughters of God

I feel so very blessed that I have to opportunity to be a mother. I love my children with all my heart and think they are amazing! I am going to try this year to be a more patient, loving and kind mother. My children deserve it!

1 comment:

Hope said...

That's a really sweet post. I enjoyed reading it. And yes, Mother's Day does make me appreciate Chad more too.