Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine Festivities




I really got into the spirit of Valentine's Day this year, I did all the things I usually say I am going to do but never end up actually doing :) Maybe it's my way of rebelling because I am in a house full of boys and it's the only time of the year I can make everything pink and heart shaped.


We started by making Valentine place settings (which I didn't get any pictures of) and we then decorated sugar cookies.

I continued to go overboard by spending hours the night before Valentine's decorating the front room with with tons of hearts, and setting out "treat" bags for all my boys.

For breakfast we had pink heart shaped pancakes. They didn't look too pretty but it's the thought that counts.....right?

For dinner we had yummy salmon and salad.
And since we had such a healthy dinner we decided to gorge ourselves with chocolate fondue for dessert, and it was sooo goood!

We also made valentine's for some of the neighbor kids but only delivered a few of them. I guess we will have to save them for next year ;)

We also took these pictures of Tristan over the weekend and I thought he looked so cute I had throw them in as well.

3 comments:

jamieschip said...

I LOVE salmon and chocolate fondue. What a great combination! Melissa, I can't believe how big your boys are getting! How is CA treating you?

Abby said...

Way to go! How fun, I'm sure your boys loved it!
You're inspiring.

Hatch Family said...

you did go all out! it looks fun. tristen is adorable!!!