Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Castle





The boys and I drive by the construction site of the soon to be Gilbert Temple all the time. Every time we see it Tristan gets excited about "Mommy's Castle." I really don't know what gave him the idea that this is Mommy's castle, but whenever I have tried to correct him and tell him that it is in fact the temple, he is insistent that it is my castle where "you and daddy are going to live and be happy." Recently on Pintrest I saw a picture of a temple and the words printed on it mentioned the same word, "castle". It got me thinking of how castle is really fitting. The temple is a place where I can go for refuge. It is a beautiful place of peace and comfort. A place to go to escape worldly things, where I can feel close to my savior and feel the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I also thought about the significance of it being a place where Andrew and I can go and be happy, as Tristan says. Nine years ago we went to the temple and were sealed together for time and all eternity. The covenants we make in the temple give us a happiness we could not otherwise have.
I am so grateful for the temple. I love the temple. I am so very excited for the Gilbert temple to be open! I know that I need to work harder and sacrifice more so that I can go to the temple more often. I hope my example will teach my kids the importance and significance of the temple. I want them to see that I am worthy of my castle. :)

2 comments:

Andrew and Melissa said...

Thank you for posting this Melissa, I would be happy to live in that castle with you forever

Carl and Amber said...

Ah, how sweet!! I wish that I could describe how peaceful the temple is. But words just can't seem to describe it. It is a part of heaven!!