Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Growing

One of my favorite things is to watch all that our kids are learning. They continually surprise me with how much they know and how much they are growing. One thing that I really enjoy is listening to Carter and Parker pray. They have been really creative with their prayers lately and they seem to be making a real effort to pray like Andrew and I. Carter can go on for minutes about all that he is grateful for. I love it! I love watching them develop an understanding of God and Christ and love hearing them talk about Samuel the Lamanite, Thomas S. Monson, the Liahona and other church related topics.

The other day I was walking out the door to go to a work meeting when Carter poked his head out and said, "Bye mom, don't forget to listen to the spirit." Then Parker came out to say, "And don't forget to follow the prophet." What great reminders those were! It's good to know that all those times when we tried to teach our children about the scriptures or tried giving them a family home evening lesson weren't done in vain! Because quite frequently I feel like not a word is heard.


On a completely unrelated topic, Tristan has said his first phrase! It's "Wow, that's cool!" I wonder where he got that from? :)

5 comments:

Carl and Amber said...

Things like this just melt your heart! They really are always listening :).

Hatch Family said...

oh...very sweet!

Hope said...

Your comment on my post is just too kind. Thanks!
And, good job to Tristan!

Emily said...

Hey Melissa, I don't know if I've commented before but I look at your blog sometimes through Amber's. I'll add it to my blogroll, feel free to check out ours.

This is such a sweet post. You have such cute boys.

Mindie said...

So cute. So a friend of mine who used to be in my ward emailed me about this healthy habits challenge. a girl in her new ward is heading it up. her email is melissahoyal@gmail.com. I bet if you email her today she will add you to the group. We are only one day into it. Let me know.