Thursday, September 10, 2009

Firsts!!!

Life is full of firsts, and with children every new experience is fun and exciting. Today Carter had his first day of kindergarten! He was so excited. His teacher sent him some magic confetti in the mail with instructions to put under his pillow the night before his first day to help him sleep soundly (but I think it actually had the opposite affect). When he woke up I was shocked at how quickly he was dressed and ready to get out the door. I think it must have been some kind of record! I thought he looked so handsome for his first day of school, but then I am a little biased.

It wasn't until Carter lined up with all the other kindergartners in his class that I realized Carter is kind of short! All I can hope is that in the end the tall genes that we know are in there somewhere will win out over the short ones. :)



Carter has never been a super chatty kid, and today was no different. When I picked him up and asked him how his day was all I got out of him was one word answers. After a lot of probing I finally learned that he went across the monkey bars all on his own and had a friend push him on the swing.

I can't believe he is in school now. Not having him around all the time will take a lot of getting used to both for me and for Parker, who kept saying, "Mommy, I miss Carter."



We also had another first recently in our family. Tristan had his first birthday last month!

He was so cute trying to get a hold of his cake the whole time we sang "Happy Birthday" to him and we so rudely kept it just out of his reach.


He absolutely LOVED his cake and dove right in the second he could get his hands on it and ate just about every crumb!


This past year has gone by so quick I can hardly believe it. We love that cute boy!!!

4 comments:

Carl and Amber said...

No, you aren't biased. Carter was lookin' pretty handsome! Yesterday I was totally thinking about your kiddos and how much I wanted to grab them and give them the biggest hug. Alyssa and I sat and looked through the cd that you sent and it just made us both homesick! We are missin' you guys a ton!

AaronsherriHatch said...

Way to go Carter! I kept thinking he was as old as Mason but I guess not. I can't believe how big Tristan is now! I also like your hair short, it looks cute!

Hatch Family said...

Yipee for Carter! He looks so handsome and cute for the first day of school. This is where they start growing up really fast. Please tell Carter hi from Sydney and Camden.

The Hardy's said...

I can't believe Tristan is a year already. I don't remember seeing an e-mail about it, or did I just miss it?