Friday, August 22, 2008

Our New Addition

I wanted to share a little bit of my experience with Tristan's birth. Mostly just so that I can look back on it and remember details I otherwise would have forgotten, but also for anyone who might be interested in hearing how it went.

The morning I was scheduled to be induced the hospital called me at 5:30 am to tell me they were too busy to get me in and asked that I call back every three hours until they had an opening. I pretty much figured I would not be getting induced that day and just hoped I would have the baby before my parents had to go back home. To my surprise I got a call that afternoon from them asking me to come in.
When we got to the hospital my nurse checked me and I was dilated to "almost" a 4. I had been having contractions all day, but that really wasn't anything new, so I was surprised to find that I was dilated that much. Who knows, maybe I would of had the baby that day anyway. They started me on a low dose of pitocin at around 3:30 pm. After getting my epidural at around 5:00 pm, which didn't really do much for my pain but it sure sped up my labor, I went from a 4 to a 10 in about an hour. After finding out I was fully dilated the nurse went to get my doctor. She came back a bit frazzled and trying to hold back tears while telling us that my doctor was doing a c-section and she couldn't find another doctor to deliver me. Whether she had been crying because of my situation or something else I will never know, but seeing her like that didn't really put me at ease. Any way, she told me not to push (yeah, right) and left the room in search of a doctor. Luckily she found one quickly and the baby was born a few minutes later at 6:18 pm!

Here are some of our most recent pictures of our little Tristan!

This is the first time Parker held the baby, he did such a good job and I was so proud of how gentle he was with him.

Tristan is a pretty good sleeper and so far sleeps right through the loud noises his brothers make.

Carter and Parker LOVE their new brother, maybe a little too much. They never want to leave him alone and I constantly have to make sure they are not being "too nice."

This is a picture of Tristan's first bath after coming home with us.

Tristan has a shocked looked that he gets every so often. I am just starting to realize that he gets it a lot more often when his brothers are around.

We are so happy to have Tristan in our home! And even though he adds a whole new level of craziness to our lives, we could not imagine him not being here and we love him very much!





7 comments:

colleen said...

He is SO CUTE--a little like Parker and a little like Carter. I can't wait to see him and the rest of the family.

Hatch Family said...

so...who does he look like to you? parker or carter? he is cute!!

lora

Britt-Marie said...

So cute! Looks like Carter and Parker are going to take good care of him. I hope you are feeling well. I'd love to come by and visit this week (I wanted to wait until your family had gone and you'd gotten a chance to adjust). Congratulations!

Andrew and Melissa said...

to answer your question lora- I can see both boys in him but do I see a little more of Carter

AaronsherriHatch said...

Oh he's adorable! Good Job Guys!

Bedkes said...

Wow nice delivery!!! I hope my third is that quick. He is so handsome and I love the picture of the 3 boys.

Hatch Family said...

we need more pictures.....when you have time, of course!