Sunday, June 15, 2008

Carter turns 4!

I can't believe we have a four year old! Carter is growing up so fast and we are so lucky to have him in our family.

This was my first attempt at a sculpted cake. It was very time consuming and I ended up having one cake fall apart on me so I had to bake two. Even then the face didn't look quite right and I worried the whole time it was going to fall over, but Carter loved it and that made it all worth it!

Parker saying "Look Mommy, I eat my cookie like a doggie!" Something he thinks is so funny

Decorating cookies


Some of Carter's birthday guests. He wanted a lot more but we had to narrow it down for him. Our apartment can only fit so many people.

Carter loves sprinkles. Can you tell?

We filled Carter's room with balloons while he was sleeping, he thought it was pretty cool waking up tp a balloon filled room.

Carter got a new bike and a leapster for his Birthday. Luckily he loves both. He has become quite good at his bike and loves to go bike riding with his daddy, and we are hoping that the leapster will help with those long car rides to Utah.








4 comments:

The Pooles said...

Happy Birthday Carter! Melissa, I love the cake! It looks really great! Thanks for sharing some photos of Carter's big day.

Hatch Family said...

the cake turned out great! good job for your 1st one.

lora

Zach 'n' Jack said...

WOW what a cake! happy birthday carter!!! Seriously....your cake is AMAZING and it totally puts my sorry little fire truck cake to shame. Way to go!

Mindie said...

i can't believe that he is four!!! your boys are getting so big! when are you due with the third? keep us updated.

by the way, your cake is awesome!

Mindie